THE MISSING PIECE TO A COMPLETE LIFE


Looking at the title of this article, I cannot help but feel overwhelmed. Did I just bite off more than I can chew? Do I really have this fabled piece to a complete life?

Believe it or not I do.

What prompted this article was an incident which recently happened to me. You see, I was hijacked at gunpoint. After this frightening and life threatening incident, I had to take a deep look at my life. And what I found out blew me away. And I’m going to do my best to unpack it. So, let’s go…

Most people I come across seem to be always worrying, afraid of something and generally at a discomfort of some sorts. I agree, I fall under this category.

But why? Why are you worried? What are you afraid of? What’s eating you?

Before revealing this “missing piece”, allow me to describe a complete life as I understand it. You might have a different view and disagree, that’s alright.

A complete life does not imply a life without challenges, pain (not suffering), loss and general heartache. No, it definitely does not mean that.

What it does mean is that in spite of all these unpleasant realities, you go on cheerfully with your life full of hope and gratitude. We should be grateful for whatever we have in our lives, however insignificant it might seem.
 

The mere fact that we are alive should fill us with such awe and gratitude because it is a miracle. Have you watched a reality or reality-based programme on TV called “A Thousand Ways to Die”?

If you haven’t, it’s a programme outlining the incredibly numerous ways one can end up dead. The fact that you have lived through it all thus far is a miracle. Wouldn’t you agree that you should be grateful?

We should be full of hope as well. Granted, I do not know your particular situation but I still maintain that you should still be hopeful. Why? Simply because other people have been through worse and there is no reason why you cannot do the same.

If you look around you, you will see what I mean. People are going through incredibly difficult situations all the time. This should give you hope that you too can do the same. In the words of Sir Winston Churchill “If you are going through hell, keep going” Yes, keep going. 

The Missing Piece

Now, for the long awaited missing piece, right? I know I’ve been waffling a lot, but it stops here.

The missing piece to a complete life is nothing more than having a clear understanding of who you are. Once you understand who you truly are, no challenge becomes unassailable. Nothing scares you so much so that you cannot act. Nothing and no one can stand in your way.

Reason for this is that with a clear understanding of yourself comes enormous power. When you realize that you are indeed unique, that no one is like you, that no one can have your exact life experiences, you cannot help feeling truly special. And special, you really are. Believe me but in case you don’t, do yourself a favour and do a little research around this topic.

Understand your origin and what constitutes what you call yourself. Have you ever wondered what is behind your existence? What sustains you? How you came about?

Once you get to grips with these and other similar questions, you will come to realize that there is really nothing to be afraid of. And as a result you end up living your best life. In other words your life becomes complete.

In a nutshell, that is the missing piece. It is not rocket science but it is very powerful. Don’t be misled by its seeming simplicity. Go on and prove it to yourself. I can sit here and preach but the proof is in the pudding. Go on and Bon voyage!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT SOCIAL MEDIA REALLY STANDS FOR

YOU HAVE MORE TIME THAN YOU THINK OR DO YOU?

THE MAGIC OF SURRENDER